Job & Networking Opportunities
The Water Council, Milwaukee - Apply by Oct. 20
The Water Council, Milwaukee, is hiring a full-time communications professional with a bachelor’s degree in business or communications with at least five years of communications, marketing, branding, and/or project management business experience. We are seeking a skilled writer, proofreader and editor who is an adaptive, strategic planner with a mindset of continuous improvement. Experience writing for business or economic development organizations is a plus.
Learn more or apply by Oct. 20 at https://thewatercouncil.com/media/newsroom/releases/now-hiring-communications-manager/
Evano (Green Bay) seeks digital media analyst and digital project manager
Envano, Green Bay has two openings for a digital media analyst and a digital project manager. The job descriptions can be found at http://www.envano.com/careers/#job-openings
Variant Prodctions seeks Web Developer and Social Media Content Creator/Manager
Variant Productions, Kaukauna, is looking to hire a web developer and social media content creator/manager. Variant Productions.
House of Flowers
House of Flowers in Oshkosh is seeking a event specialist and event assistant. Learn more at http://www.houseofflowersonline.com/about_opportunities.asp?topnav=TopNav
Internships and Fellowships
UW Oshkosh’s Career Services is available to help you in your internships or job search. Check the online resources, classes, Handshake and more.
ASME Magazine Internship Program - Deadline to apply is Dec. 1
ASME is now accepting applications for their ASME Magazine Internship Program 2018. The deadline to apply is December 1, 2017. Information about the Magazine Internship Program can be found at asmeinternship.org.
The Magazine Internship Program usually gives preference to students who have been nominated by academic departments and career-guidance offices over other applicants from the same school. See internship coordinator Barb Benish for more info.
Oshkosh Independent seeks reporting intern for local website
The Oshkosh Independent, the city’s premier online news site, is looking for a reporting intern to help us cover City Hall, the board of education and other local institutions.
Right now there are dozens of great stories in the local community that are going uncovered. We’re doing our best to fix that, and you can be a part of that effort.
Oshkosh Independent seeks paid freelancers
The Oshkosh Independent, the only locally owned and operated news outlet in the community, is looking for contributors who can complete writing assignments and provide high-res photographs.
We are planning to launch a print magazine in November and have numerous opportunities. We are looking for clear, careful writers who can help us reach our target market (and who can meet deadlines).
DC Internships - Journalism - Summer 2018
Spend 8 weeks in the nation’s capital with 70 students from around the country and world who are all passionate about politics, getting the story straight and learning the ins and outs of the news business.
For more information or to apply, go to http://www.dcinternships.org/?programs=political-journalism&details=true. Deadlines are
June 2 – July 27, 2018
Dec. 5: Early Application Deadline
Feb. 7: Priority Scholarship Deadline
Mar. 13: Final Application Deadline
Midwest Music Collective
Ongoing. Seeking writing, editing, social media and music reviewing interns. To apply, go to FashionWeek.com.
Ongoing. CelebrityCafe.com has internships for writing, music reviewing and social media marketing. Learn more at www.thecelebritycafe.com/write-for-us/
Secura Insurance seeks marketing intern with excellent writing skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in writing, proofing, and editing articles for weekly internal newsletter, as well as layout of the publication.
- Assist posting, monitoring and analytics within social media and blog.
- Assist with deadline-driven communications projects for various departments and events.
- Update Web site and Intranet.
- Take digital pictures for use in publications and promotions.
Advertising & Public Relations Opportunities
Cato Institute, Washington D.C. - Offer spring, fall and summer internships
Students and early-career professionals play an instrumental role in helping the Cato
Institute advance libertarian principles. Cato hosts interns for three semester-long
sessions each year—spring, summer, and fall. Assigned to specific departments based
on their interests and backgrounds, interns are able to work one-on-one with scholars
and staff on research and communication of that research. Interns also participate in an
intensive seminar series in which they learn about public policy, economics, history, and
political philosophy. Additional seminars cover professional development topics, such as
public speaking and interviewing skills.
Communications interns work in media relations, external affairs, and video production.
Interns also assist with events and occasionally help Cato staff with other day-to-day
Learn more at www.cato.org
The Herd - PR Intern
- The Herd, Milwaukee Bucks® new D-League team in Oshkosh, has several internships available:Graphic Design — Assist the Creative Services Department in designing sales and promotional materials such as invitations, postcards, brochures, flyers, signage, and advertisements; provide graphic design support for Game Operations initiatives including slides, in-arena elements, etc.; researching and recommending images to use in assigned projects; and more.Public Relations — Write and edit various team-related documents including Game Notes, press releases, game stories, etc.; maintain positive relationships with the media; staff media entrance and media room before, during and after Wisconsin Herd games to assist media; and more.Game Operations Intern — Assist the Business Operations Coordinator and Game Operations Department in activating partnerships, fan engagement, and running that game’s script; researching and recommending engaging activities to use during in-game promotions; capturing pictures, documentation and organization of activation for partners during each game; and more.To learn more or apply, go to http://bit.ly/2w9p5kU.
Northeast Wisconsin IT Alliance - Fall 2017
- Assist with event planning and coordination
- Conduct market research
- Developing communication and marketing templates
- Assist in the creation of signage, circulars, email campaigns, etc.
- Maintain websites and web presence
National Academy of Television Arts and Science
UW Oshkosh Academic Advising STEP Technology and Social Media Intern
- Design, update and maintain UARC website to communicate necessary information to students and faculty/staff users
- Assist in developing and executing a schedule of social media campaigns to supplement UARC marketing and communications
- Ensure communication via social media and status of accounts complies with University branding policies
- Estimated hours per week: 4
- Duration: 30 weeks
- The UARC hopes to start interviewing applicants on Sept. 25. Learn more here, or go to https://uwosh.joinhandshake.co
Provide unique and compelling content about the Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Viking. Video and audio production scriptwriting skills a plus. Learn more.
Graphic Design and Photography
The Herd - Graphic Design
The Herd, Milwaukee Bucks® new D-League team in Oshkosh, has several internships available:
Graphic Design — Assist the Creative Services Department in designing sales and promotional materials such as invitations, postcards, brochures, flyers, signage, and advertisements; provide graphic design support for Game Operations initiatives including slides, in-arena elements, etc.; researching and recommending images to use in assigned projects; and more.
Public Relations — Write and edit various team-related documents including Game Notes, press releases, game stories, etc.; maintain positive relationships with the media; staff media entrance and media room before, during and after Wisconsin Herd games to assist media; and more.
Game Operations Intern — Assist the Business Operations Coordinator and Game Operations Department in activating partnerships, fan engagement, and running that game’s script; researching and recommending engaging activities to use during in-game promotions; capturing pictures, documentation and organization of activation for partners during each game; and more.
To learn more or apply, go to http://bit.ly/2w9p5kU.
Oceans Campus, Mossel Bay, South Africa
Oceans Campus is offering an opportunity for undergraduate students of all levels to become a member of the Africa Media programs in Mossel Bay, South Africa. Africa Media is an environmental based media company specializing in the production of photographic, video and editorial media from the African continent. Four programs are offered specializing in wildlife film-making, wildlife and adventure photography, underwater photography and environmental travel writing. Learn more.
Disney College Program
Participate in the Disney College Program and get your foot in the door to potentially become a Disney Professional Intern. Learn more
Internships in other areas:
Diversity in Advertising and Public Relations Internships
Newspaper Internship Directory (Updated annually)
National Internships & Fellowships
- Dow Jones Internships
- Poynter Fellowships
- American Society of Magazine Editors Internship Program
- Association for Women in Sports Media
- Boston University International Programs
- Boston Globe Summer Intern Program
- Journalism Jobs
- Editor and Publisher Magazine
- UC Berkeley Job List
- American Society of Newspaper Editors
- Pulliam Journalism Fellowship