Northeastern Wisconsin Scholastic Press Association (NEWSPA)
Welcome to NEWSPA!
The Northeastern Wisconsin Scholastic Press Association (NEWSPA) began in 1969 with a small group of college students traveling to local high schools, teaching students about journalism. Today, nearly 500 people participate annually in our spring conference that brings together media professionals and high school students and advisers for a day of sharing and learning. The annual conference is designed to teach students about the field of journalism through workshops, speakers and the ability to network with other schools and students.
- Save the date — The 2017 NEWSPA conference will be held Wednesday, April 26 at UW Oshkosh’s Alumni Welcome and Conference Center and Gruenhagen Conference Center.
- Congratulations to the winners of the 2016 NEWSPA contests. Click to download a listing of the Newspaper Winners or the Yearbook Winners or view our 2016 Summer Newsletter.
- Do you have students who can write in the “Pulitzer” tradition? Then have them enter our writing competition and possibly win cash prizes. You can download a PDF of the Pulitzer Curriculum Book and instructions here, or view the flipbook.
Did you know?
- NEWSPA awards one $500 scholarship to a graduating high school senior who plans on majoring in Journalism. Preference is given to those who will attend UW Oshkosh. Learn more
- NEWSPA sponsors adviser training sessions, yearbook and newspaper competitions and produces three newsletters a year. Learn more
- NEWSPA has a variety of resources available to you such as lesson plans, Powerpoints and materials from conference speakers to help you teach about journalism topics. Learn more